Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pompano Beach Municipal Golf Course (Pompano Beach, FL)

Pompano Beach was one of the liveliest places I've seen, and most of it had nothing to do with golf. The anchor was a great restaurant with an excellent bar. In fact, the bar was the first thing mentioned in all the reviews. And it's busier at night than during the day. 
(The Palms is the "lesser" of the two courses at Pompano Beach. The seventh shows it's teeth a good par three over water.) 

I only played nine holes here, but the city has two eighteen hole courses including a Greg Norman design called the Pines. I was put on the Palms, an older design that Bruce Devlin did in the '60s. The Palms was fun, and was pretty much what one would expect in Florida. My reason for including it in the blog was to show how a good location combine with several anmenities can make a municipal course profitable. Of course, having 36 holes available is a bonus. 
Having two golf courses allows more opportunities to accommodate big groups and regulars at the same time. I reckon that more serious players gravitate towards the Pines, while casual players and beginners veer towards the Palms. A municpal where beginners and accomplished players both call home is a winner to me. Next time I'm gonna play the Pines course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment